AKEFEMA thus far has managed to achieve among others, the following:
2003 to date
Bringing together competing businesses in the feed milling industry for cooperation and advocate issues for the sake of the industry.
1. Facilitated the formation of Kenya Poultry Farmers Association (KEPOFA) in appreciation of the role poultry farmers plays in the milling industry.
Securing Secretariat office space at National Bee Keeping Station, Lenana in 2007, which started operating in 2008.
Conducted a baseline Sector Survey with fund assistance from Agricultural Sector Coordination Unit (ASCU).
- Lobbied for and facilitated importation of yellow maize by four companies on behalf of the feed millers in the country.
- Liaised with KEBS to ensure preparedness of members for the implementation and sustained compliance to Standardization Mark in the short, medium and in the long run.
- Conducted directors’ training on HACCP and AKEFEMA accreditation procedures on August 2010.
- Conducted AKEFEMA members’ production staff training on HACCP, Feed formulation, principles of animal production, feed milling technology and handling of customer complaints on February 2011.
- Developed code of conduct for its members.
- Consolidated nutritional specifications of all locally available raw materials into one document.
- Held successful National Executive Council elections in February 2011.